Here is the economic schedule for week 14 from the Calcualted Risk blog; dedicated to the financial geeks out there.
Archive | 19:51
- RT @IEA: Only 318,000 km of paved roads exist in all of sub-Saharan Africa - equivalent to ~2/3 of Italy’s figure bit.ly/1Cy6Xsp 6 days ago
- RT @IEA: Car ownership in several African countries is below the world average bit.ly/1Cy6Xsp #Africa #Cars http://t.co/3xZ4NFy01g 6 days ago
- Kraft Deal Fueled by Lean RecipeA key ingredient in 3G Capital Partners LP’s recipe for reshaping the U.S. food industry—reflected in its roughly $49 billion deal to acquire Kraft Foods —is an arcane-sounding financial tool that slashes costs by focusing on details as minute as how to make photocopies.
- Buyout Firms Feel Pinch From Lending CrackdownRegulatory guidance that seeks to limit the use of borrowed money in corporate takeovers has hit the private-equity industry in its bread-and-butter business of debt-laden acquisitions.
- GameStop Needs to Level UpAhead of the Tape: GameStop has been lucky so far, but it will have to develop a new game plan if it is to weather the trend away from store-bought disks toward downloadable games.
- Next at Morgan Stanley: More Reshuffling of Management DeckMorgan Stanley Chairman and Chief Executive James Gorman plans more changes to his management team in the coming months, in addition to several unveiled earlier this month.