Cutswatch Map: The Guardian’s reporting team plots the effects of the government’s public cuts on local communities across the UK. Follow their project here.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Chilean military tugboat rushing to Antarctica in bid to prevent ecological disaster after Chinese fishing ship catches fire
- 'River of oil': The tale of a ruptured Exxon pipeline that spilled thousands of barrels of crude in an Arkansas town
- Archeological dig beneath Bloomberg's future London headquarters reveals ancient Roman ruins dubbed 'Pompeii of the north'
- Watch the U.S. Navy use its ship mounted laser to blow aircraft out of the sky
- The Iron Lady You Don't Know: Thirteen Facts about Margaret Thatcher
- U.S. sends in $900M anti-missile radar array as North Korea vows to fire up nuclear reactor
The highly graphical gospel of globalization. Shaped by the age of consumerism.
- The Economist explains the decline in piracy: Armed guards, carried by more than 60 % of vessels, have been essential econ.st/15UAUZd 2 days ago
- Shipwrecked U.S Navy warship removed from reef huff.to/16bnaDK #Philippines #Asia #Ship 1 month ago
- Canadian warship seizes $100-million of heroin in 'massive' high seas bust natpo.st/16qdMy5 1 month ago
- From Hong Kong to Singapore by cargo ship. Mesmerizing bit.ly/YjqYmz #HongKong #Singapore #Asia 1 month ago
- Argentine Navy destroyer & Falklands Islands war veteran rolls over and sinks at the dock due to neglect. What a shame. wapo.st/YnUvN7 3 months ago
Photos by Maersk Line
- Fed's Varied Voices Leave Market GuessingBernanke said the Fed could start reducing bond buying "in the next few meetings" but warned against premature action, amid conflicting messages that roiled markets.
- Gap Is Starting to Look OverdressedAhead of the Tape: Profits never go out of fashion. Sadly, the same can't be said for the wares on display at Gap and its competitors.
- Ghana Looks to Join Bond BandwagonGhana hopes to become the latest African country to ride the wave of cheap borrowing with the sale of a new bond aimed at international markets for only the second time in its history.
- Copper Rises on Supply ConcernsCopper prices settled near six-week highs but pulled back from earlier peaks, as worries about the future of the Fed's monetary stimulus tempered suggestions of tighter supplies.