Cutswatch Map: The Guardian’s reporting team plots the effects of the government’s public cuts on local communities across the UK. Follow their project here.
- RT @IEA: Ensuring energy security: at the centre of the @IEA mission since its inception. Learn more bit.ly/1JMJVr4 http://t.co/D9t… 5 hours ago
- RT @IEA: 🔌 Save the date: Projected Costs of Generating Electricity book launch - Monday, 31 August bit.ly/1JTUmsZ 🔌 http://t.co/E… 21 hours ago
- Puerto Rico Extends Deadline for Draft RestructuringPuerto Rico’s governor extended a Sunday deadline for a group of government officials to deliver a draft of a restructuring plan that is widely anticipated by investors.
- Insurers Could Use More CalamityOn the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, insurers are suffering from years of calm seas and low rates.
- A 'Black Swan' Fund Makes $1 BillionUniversa Hedge Fund, a well-known ‘black swan’ fund, made more than $1 billion in profits in one week amid volatility.
- Fed's Fischer: 'Good Reason' to Think U.S. Inflation Will Move HigherThe Fed‘s Stanley Fischer said there is “good reason” to think sluggish U.S. inflation will firm and move back toward the U.S. central bank’s 2% annual target, touching on a significant assessment facing the Fed ahead of its September policy meeting.
- For China, a Plunge and a ReckoningThe stock market fall pierced the party’s mystique of omnipotence. In an interwoven world, the crisis should spur Beijing to prefer compromise to bullying.