Cutswatch Map: The Guardian’s reporting team plots the effects of the government’s public cuts on local communities across the UK. Follow their project here.
- RT @IEA: Spot & short-term LNG trade & share of total #LNG trade (2000-13) bit.ly/14SQuW1 http://t.co/EKhV0QzK1f 4 hours ago
- RT @IEA: Regional priorities in the buildings sector bit.ly/1K708XZ #Buildings http://t.co/PzLjumhI7e 1 day ago
- Tech Firms Buy Up PropertySome of Silicon Valley’s biggest companies are on a real-estate buying binge, paying premium prices to make sure they have enough space for future expansion.
- Yellen Scolds Wall Street on Culture, EthicsFederal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen raised concerns about the state of Wall Street’s culture and ethics, echoing similar comments from other regulatory officials and increasing pressure on the biggest U.S. banks to improve.
- Smells Like Teen DispiritAhead of the Tape: Investors are bracing for more teen angst when Abercrombie & Fitch Co. and American Eagle Outfitters Inc. report fiscal full-year results on Wednesday.
- Investors Balk at Deals for Specialty RetailersThe recent collapse of private-equity buyouts of Chico’s and Express Inc. signal that investors and lenders are growing increasingly wary of specialty retailers.