Cutswatch Map: The Guardian’s reporting team plots the effects of the government’s public cuts on local communities across the UK. Follow their project here.
- Chilean military tugboat rushing to Antarctica in bid to prevent ecological disaster after Chinese fishing ship catches fire
- ‘River of oil': The tale of a ruptured Exxon pipeline that spilled thousands of barrels of crude in an Arkansas town
- Archeological dig beneath Bloomberg’s future London headquarters reveals ancient Roman ruins dubbed ‘Pompeii of the north’
- Watch the U.S. Navy use its ship mounted laser to blow aircraft out of the sky
- The Iron Lady You Don’t Know: Thirteen Facts about Margaret Thatcher
- U.S. sends in $900M anti-missile radar array as North Korea vows to fire up nuclear reactor
The highly graphical gospel of globalization. Shaped by the age of consumerism.
- The Evolution of Wall Street amzn.to/1jqKEBg #FlashBoys #MichaelLewis #Finance #HFT http://t.co/oY3rF6fVS9 6 months ago
- RT @AnnJessicaLien: Iconic photo of Ukrainian protesters playing golf at the President's residence in #Kiev earlier today #Ukraine http://t… 8 months ago
- Archeologists have made an amazing discovery off the coast of Mexico: A 19th century British shipwreck huff.to/16Syb2K #Ship #History 1 year ago
- World's biggest ship graveyard lies at site of WW2 battle where US crushed Japanese fleet dailym.ai/133WUuD #History 1 year ago
- RT @BBCNewsGraphics: See the faces of the Mary Rose's crew, including the ship's dog Hatch, 500 years after the Tudor warship sank. http://… 1 year ago
- salope blonde on Unable To Agree To A Europe-Wide Bank Levy
- yellow pages bakersfield ca on 1984
- web 2.0 applications on The Essential Features Of A Great Landing Page [Infographic]
- delta частотный преобразователь on The Essential Features Of A Great Landing Page [Infographic]
- โคโยตี้ on The Essential Features Of A Great Landing Page [Infographic]
- alyssa miller on A Discussion Of Inequality [Clip]
Photos by Maersk Line
- SEC Is Steering More Trials to Judges It AppointsThe Securities and Exchange Commission is increasingly steering cases to hearings in front of the agency’s appointed administrative judges, who found in its favor in every verdict for the 12 months through September, rather than taking them to federal court.
- Misery Widespread at Hedge FundsThis month’s turmoil in financial markets has been a “bloodbath” for hedge funds, inflicting large losses at an array of multibillion-dollar firms in the industry’s worst stretch since late 2011.
- Fed to Banks: Shape Up or Risk BreakupFederal Reserve officials told bank executives they must do more to curb excessive risk-taking and improve behavior at their firms or face stiff repercussions, including being broken into smaller pieces.
- For Peer Lending, a Change in FinancingVeteran bankers are expected to announce Tuesday an investment in startup Orchard Platform, as peer-to-peer lending becomes dominated by institutions.
- Bargains Are Found in Russian MarketsInvestors are hunting for bargains in Russia’s battered financial markets, in a bet the country can ride out the pain of Western sanctions and plunging oil prices.