Click x2 to enlarge
Source: Information Is Beautiful.
- Chilean military tugboat rushing to Antarctica in bid to prevent ecological disaster after Chinese fishing ship catches fire
- ‘River of oil': The tale of a ruptured Exxon pipeline that spilled thousands of barrels of crude in an Arkansas town
- Archeological dig beneath Bloomberg’s future London headquarters reveals ancient Roman ruins dubbed ‘Pompeii of the north’
- Watch the U.S. Navy use its ship mounted laser to blow aircraft out of the sky
- The Iron Lady You Don’t Know: Thirteen Facts about Margaret Thatcher
- U.S. sends in $900M anti-missile radar array as North Korea vows to fire up nuclear reactor
The highly graphical gospel of globalization. Shaped by the age of consumerism.
- The Evolution of Wall Street amzn.to/1jqKEBg #FlashBoys #MichaelLewis #Finance #HFT http://t.co/oY3rF6fVS9 6 months ago
- RT @AnnJessicaLien: Iconic photo of Ukrainian protesters playing golf at the President's residence in #Kiev earlier today #Ukraine http://t… 7 months ago
- Archeologists have made an amazing discovery off the coast of Mexico: A 19th century British shipwreck huff.to/16Syb2K #Ship #History 1 year ago
- World's biggest ship graveyard lies at site of WW2 battle where US crushed Japanese fleet dailym.ai/133WUuD #History 1 year ago
- RT @BBCNewsGraphics: See the faces of the Mary Rose's crew, including the ship's dog Hatch, 500 years after the Tudor warship sank. http://… 1 year ago
Photos by Maersk Line
- Despite Uncertainty, Fed Holds SteadyThe Fed is likely to end its bond-buying program this month even as market volatility and uncertainties about the global economy have rattled investors and led to some mixed messages from central-bank officials.
- Natural-Gas Prices Fall Even With Chill NearingWhen cold weather looms across the U.S., natural-gas prices usually rise. This year they are falling, after a record production boom nearly replenished stockpiles left at their lowest since 2003 by last winter’s freeze.
- Chinese Stimulus Fuels Hope for CopperCopper prices clung to $3 a pound last week as encouragement over stimulus efforts by China offset worries about slowing global growth.
- Clouds Hang Over Strong Quarter for BanksBanks may not be finished tightening their belts, with low interest rates likely continuing to squeeze the profitability of lending and trading remaining a volatile source of revenue.
- Goldman Sachs to Shun U.K. BodyThe list of major banks signed up to a new U.K. body aimed at overhauling banker behavior is almost certain to be missing at least one major name: Goldman Sachs.