[via The Business Insider]
Archive | 18:49
- Chilean military tugboat rushing to Antarctica in bid to prevent ecological disaster after Chinese fishing ship catches fire
- ‘River of oil’: The tale of a ruptured Exxon pipeline that spilled thousands of barrels of crude in an Arkansas town
- Archeological dig beneath Bloomberg’s future London headquarters reveals ancient Roman ruins dubbed ‘Pompeii of the north’
- Watch the U.S. Navy use its ship mounted laser to blow aircraft out of the sky
- The Iron Lady You Don’t Know: Thirteen Facts about Margaret Thatcher
- U.S. sends in $900M anti-missile radar array as North Korea vows to fire up nuclear reactor
The highly graphical gospel of globalization. Shaped by the age of consumerism.
- The Evolution of Wall Street amzn.to/1jqKEBg #FlashBoys #MichaelLewis #Finance #HFT http://t.co/oY3rF6fVS9 1 week ago
- RT @AnnJessicaLien: Iconic photo of Ukrainian protesters playing golf at the President's residence in #Kiev earlier today #Ukraine http://t… 1 month ago
- Archeologists have made an amazing discovery off the coast of Mexico: A 19th century British shipwreck huff.to/16Syb2K #Ship #History 10 months ago
- World's biggest ship graveyard lies at site of WW2 battle where US crushed Japanese fleet dailym.ai/133WUuD #History 10 months ago
- RT @BBCNewsGraphics: See the faces of the Mary Rose's crew, including the ship's dog Hatch, 500 years after the Tudor warship sank. http://… 10 months ago
Photos by Maersk Line
- BofA in Settlement Talks Over Mortgage SecuritiesBank of America is engaged in multibillion-dollar settlement talks with the Justice Department to end investigations into shoddy residential mortgage backed securities.
- China Growth Slows to 7.4%China's GDP growth slipped in the first quarter to its slowest level in 18 months as the world's second-largest economy continued to downshift.
- Mt. Gox Files for LiquidationDefunct bitcoin exchange has given up its plan to rebuild under bankruptcy protection and has asked a Tokyo court to allow it to be liquidated, people familiar with the situation say.
- Goldman Moves to Spur TradingUnder pressure from clients and losing share to rivals, Goldman Sachs is trying to jump-start its stock-trading business—as bond trading and other units face an even more uncertain future.