[via The Local]
- RT @IEA: An improvement in power supply in sub-Saharan Africa will require expanded cast of investors bit.ly/1Cy6Xsp http://t.co/PR… 1 day ago
- RT @IEA: Sub-Saharan energy investment increases considerably: ~$110 billion pa - New Policies Scenario bit.ly/1oQofjD http://t.co/… 4 days ago
- Dollar Jumps Against Yen, EuroThe dollar hits a high of nearly eight years against the yen, as investors returning from a long weekend in Europe bet on the greenback.
- U.S. Stock Futures Edge LowerU.S. stock futures edged lower Tuesday after a disappointing report on demand for durable goods in April.
- Cable Giant Forming After $55 Billion DealCharter Communications agreed to buy Time Warner Cable for $55 billion, giving cable mogul John Malone the prize he has been chasing for two years.
- Big Banks Shut Border Branches in Effort to Avoid Dirty MoneyLenders are closing in Nogales, an Arizona city facing banking problems as Wall Street tries to avoid fines associated with the flow of dirty money.
- Alleged Ringmaster in Libor Trial Described as Greedy, DishonestThe criminal trial of the alleged mastermind of a vast interest-rate-rigging scandal has begun in London, with prosecutors describing former bank trader Tom Hayes as dishonest and greedy.