[via The Local]
- Chilean military tugboat rushing to Antarctica in bid to prevent ecological disaster after Chinese fishing ship catches fire
- ‘River of oil’: The tale of a ruptured Exxon pipeline that spilled thousands of barrels of crude in an Arkansas town
- Archeological dig beneath Bloomberg’s future London headquarters reveals ancient Roman ruins dubbed ‘Pompeii of the north’
- Watch the U.S. Navy use its ship mounted laser to blow aircraft out of the sky
- The Iron Lady You Don’t Know: Thirteen Facts about Margaret Thatcher
- U.S. sends in $900M anti-missile radar array as North Korea vows to fire up nuclear reactor
The highly graphical gospel of globalization. Shaped by the age of consumerism.
- The Evolution of Wall Street amzn.to/1jqKEBg #FlashBoys #MichaelLewis #Finance #HFT http://t.co/oY3rF6fVS9 7 months ago
- RT @AnnJessicaLien: Iconic photo of Ukrainian protesters playing golf at the President's residence in #Kiev earlier today #Ukraine http://t… 9 months ago
- Archeologists have made an amazing discovery off the coast of Mexico: A 19th century British shipwreck huff.to/16Syb2K #Ship #History 1 year ago
- World's biggest ship graveyard lies at site of WW2 battle where US crushed Japanese fleet dailym.ai/133WUuD #History 1 year ago
- RT @BBCNewsGraphics: See the faces of the Mary Rose's crew, including the ship's dog Hatch, 500 years after the Tudor warship sank. http://… 1 year ago
- Hack on A Discussion Of Inequality [Clip]
- lipitor claims on History Of American Recession
- Payday on The Essential Features Of A Great Landing Page [Infographic]
- twita holic on Test-driving the ‘Wang-borghini’: Chinese farmer creates own Lamborghini Reventon knock-off
- Jay on The Essential Features Of A Great Landing Page [Infographic]
- activer windows 7 gratuitement on Print Is Dying: E-readers Start Slaughtering Print Book Sales
Photos by Maersk Line
- Startups Mine Data From Fields, ShadowsA growing coterie of entrepreneurs are selling analysis of obscure data sets to traders in search of even the smallest edges.
- Can Banks Lend for Risky Deals? Depends Who You AskAfter repeated attempts by U.S. regulators to curb lending for debt-laden takeovers, Wall Street banks are still taking divergent views on whether they need to pass on potentially lucrative deals.
- For Allergan Suitors, Unorthodox Alliance Proved UnwieldyA look at the partnership of Valeant CEO Michael Pearson and activist investor William Ackman in their failed $53 billion bid to acquire Allergan shows that the two men didn’t always see eye to eye.
- Should You Refinance Into a Bigger Mortgage?New data show more homeowners are taking such cash-out loans, including for renovations, but there are risks.