A lonely desk toy escapes from a dark office by using Google Maps Street View. In his toy car he takes a cross country road trip to the Pacific Coast.
- RT @IEA: Oil production: US, Canada, Norway, UK, Australia & Mexico (2013-14) - @IEA statistics report bit.ly/1D8sIVZ http://t.co/… 12 hours ago
- RT @IEA: Main wind resource sites in China: improvements in connection & operation of plants (2013) bit.ly/1phzBqp http://t.co/ubTl… 3 days ago
- Carlyle Fund Walloped in Commodities RoutThe selloff has helped drive down holdings in its hedge-fund firm’s flagship fund from about $2 billion to less than $50 million.
- As Fed Move Nears, Traders Obsess Over DataTraders are scouring once-overlooked economic data for clues to the timing of the Federal Reserve’s first interest rate rise in years.
- Uber Crosses $50 Billion ValuationUber has completed a new round of funding that values the five-year-old ride-hailing company at close to $51 billion, reaching the mark faster than Facebook did.
- 'Therapeutic' Approach to Financial PlanningFinancial planners are borrowing techniques from psychologists to help clients get in touch with the often messy feelings behind their relationships with money.
- Commodities Slide Deeper Into a RutCommodity prices tumbled anew, plunging the S&P GSCI Total Return index to its worst monthly loss since November 2008 and deepening a yearslong rout that few observers expect to moderate.