Signing of the Acta Bill: Masks worn by Polish opposition parties to protest government’s decision to sign the ACTA law without a proper public debate.
- RT @IEA: Commercial rooftop solar: low financing costs help; sunshine & installation costs matter more bit.ly/1Uh5kxx http://t.co/Z… 10 hours ago
- RT @IEA: Ensuring energy security: at the centre of the @IEA mission since its inception. Learn more bit.ly/1JMJVr4 http://t.co/D9t… 2 days ago
- Stocks Tumble on Weak Chinese DataU.S. stocks tumbled Tuesday as fears about a slowdown in China’s economy deepened, illustrating how last week’s market volatility has not yet abated.
- Oil Prices Drop on China WorriesOil prices slid, giving up most of Monday’s strong gains, as worries resurfaced about China’s economy and a seasonal decline in U.S. demand.
- U.S. Changes Rules on FHA Loans in Bid to Woo Back BanksThe Obama administration released new versions of the certification that lenders must make when submitting a loan to the FHA, the main avenue through which borrowers with weaker credit and little money for a down payment can buy a home.
- China Boosts Efforts to Keep Money at HomeChina is imposing new controls to prevent too much money from leaving the country, with lenders beefing up internal checks on foreign-exchange conversions and regulators aiming to rein in illegal money-transfer agents.
- Now Arriving: New Condos at Vancouver Train StationsDevelopers, pension funds and big banks are racing to build thousands of condominiums and swaths of commercial space along the newest stretches of Vancouver’s light-rail system.