A Colt 38 with an integrated camera that automatically takes a picture when you pull the trigger. On the left: six pictures taken by the camera. New York, 1938.
Plastic face protection. Montreal, Canada, 1939.
Testing of a pram that is resistant to gas attacks. England, Hextable, 1938.
Tags: Winnie the Pooh
WWII: Between 1941 and 1945, in Fort Belvoir, Virginia. Yet segregated and holders of limited rights.
Women working on Douglas Aircraft Company’s C-47 cargo transport.
Drilling on an A-20 bomber at the Douglas Aircraft Company plant at Long Beach, California.
Installing one of the four motors on the transport plane at Willow Run.
Installing fixtures and assemblies to a tail fuselage section of a B-17F bomber.
Electrical assembly and installation work.
Doing the finishing touches on the nose section of a B-17F navy bomber.
Of the many types of aircrafts produced at this plant, the most important were the B-17F “Flying Fortress” heavy bomber, the A-20 “Havoc” assault bomber and the C-47 heavy transport plane for transporting troops and cargo to the front.
Inspectors doing careful checks of center wings for C-47 transport planes.
The fast, hard-hitting A-20 attack bomber brought for a test at the flight line.
- Chilean military tugboat rushing to Antarctica in bid to prevent ecological disaster after Chinese fishing ship catches fire
- 'River of oil': The tale of a ruptured Exxon pipeline that spilled thousands of barrels of crude in an Arkansas town
- Archeological dig beneath Bloomberg's future London headquarters reveals ancient Roman ruins dubbed 'Pompeii of the north'
- Watch the U.S. Navy use its ship mounted laser to blow aircraft out of the sky
- The Iron Lady You Don't Know: Thirteen Facts about Margaret Thatcher
- U.S. sends in $900M anti-missile radar array as North Korea vows to fire up nuclear reactor
- Shipwrecked U.S Navy warship removed from reef huff.to/16bnaDK #Philippines #Asia #Ship 1 month ago
- Canadian warship seizes $100-million of heroin in 'massive' high seas bust natpo.st/16qdMy5 1 month ago
- From Hong Kong to Singapore by cargo ship. Mesmerizing bit.ly/YjqYmz #HongKong #Singapore #Asia 1 month ago
- Argentine Navy destroyer & Falklands Islands war veteran rolls over and sinks at the dock due to neglect. What a shame. wapo.st/YnUvN7 3 months ago
- Spanish Party’s Ex-Treasurer Had $29 Million in Swiss Account goo.gl/oiSW2 #Politics #Tax #Finance 3 months ago
- Tankini swimsuit on Abandoned Roller Coaster
- massachusetts virtual office on Why Natural Gas And Oil Prices Diverge
- is back with Behind | Berkey Water Filter on May He Rust In Peace
- swim Suits on Senegal's salt lakes look like Pepto-Bismol
- neon bar signs beer on Why Natural Gas And Oil Prices Diverge
- i want my ex boyfriend on 1984
Photos by Maersk Line
- Buying a Piece of Your Financial AdviserThe Intelligent Investor: A few investors have taken the bold step of investing directly in their adviser's firm. What could possibly go wrong?
- Are You Rich Enough for a Family Office?A new wave of private firms that cater to clients' every imaginable financial need are increasingly courting the merely wealthy. Here's what they offer.
- Financial Advice for New GraduatesPay off your student loans, watch out for excess fees, get your credit transcript in order and use your social network.
- Facebook Still Looks OverpricedIn order to support its current stock price, Facebook needs to grow a lot faster, according to a new analysis.