Piano particularly designed for those who prefer playing while lying in bed. Great Britain, 1935.
- RT @IEA: Shale gas & #shale oil boom of last few years: virtually unthinkable at dawn of this century bit.ly/1FJAUeM http://t.co/9Q… 1 day ago
- RT @IEA: Oil Watch: @IEA April #Oil Market Report is now free & open to non-subscribers. Full pdf bit.ly/1P5kMFb #OMR http://t.co/i… 1 week ago
- SEC Wins With In-House JudgesThe Securities and Exchange Commission prevails against around 90% of defendants when it sends enforcement cases to its administrative law judges rather than to federal courts.
- Treasury Plans More Short-Term DebtThe U.S. Treasury Department said it plans to increase the supply of short-term debt, in a bid to ease investors’ concerns about difficulty trading in global bond markets.
- Banks Expected to Settle FX Probes for BillionsCitigroup, Barclays, J.P. Morgan Chase and Royal Bank of Scotland Group are expected to plead guilty to rigging foreign-currency exchange rates and pay billions in combined penalties as part of settlement agreements expected to be announced as early as next week.
- Alexion-Synageva Deal Shows Lure of Rare-Disease DrugsThe huge premium drug maker Alexion Pharmaceuticals is paying for Synageva BioPharma—$8.4 billion, or more than double Synageva’s market value—shows how hot the market has become for rare-disease drugs.
- Fed's Yellen: Stock Valuations 'Generally Are Quite High'Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen said stock market valuations appear “quite high” and some bond and loan markets suggest investors may be taking excess risks.