Globetrotter Willink with his moped in front of the St Bavo Church in Haarlem. The Netherlands, 31 July, 1951.
- RT @IEA: Oil production: US, Canada, Norway, UK, Australia & Mexico (2013-14) - @IEA statistics report bit.ly/1D8sIVZ http://t.co/… 20 hours ago
- RT @IEA: Main wind resource sites in China: improvements in connection & operation of plants (2013) bit.ly/1phzBqp http://t.co/ubTl… 4 days ago
- Carlyle Fund Walloped in Commodities RoutThe selloff has helped drive down holdings in its hedge-fund firm’s flagship fund from about $2 billion to less than $50 million.
- As Fed Move Nears, Traders Obsess Over DataTraders are scouring once-overlooked economic data for clues to the timing of the Federal Reserve’s first interest rate rise in years.
- BOE Appointee Vlieghe to Sell Stake in Brevan HowardThe newest appointee to the Bank of England’s interest rate-setting panel said Friday that he will sell his stake in hedge fund firm Brevan Howard Asset Management to avoid any impression of a conflict of interest.
- 'Therapeutic' Approach to Financial PlanningFinancial planners are borrowing techniques from psychologists to help clients get in touch with the often messy feelings behind their relationships with money.
- Commodities Slide Deeper Into a RutCommodity prices tumbled anew, plunging the S&P GSCI Total Return index to its worst monthly loss since November 2008 and deepening a yearslong rout that few observers expect to moderate.