Globetrotter Willink with his moped in front of the St Bavo Church in Haarlem. The Netherlands, 31 July, 1951.
- RT @IEA: An improvement in power supply in sub-Saharan Africa will require expanded cast of investors bit.ly/1Cy6Xsp http://t.co/PR… 3 days ago
- RT @IEA: Sub-Saharan energy investment increases considerably: ~$110 billion pa - New Policies Scenario bit.ly/1oQofjD http://t.co/… 5 days ago
- Shanghai Stocks PlummetChinese stocks were rocked by a sharp selloff late Thursday that left Shanghai down 6.5%, a sudden reversal of fortunes for one of the world’s top performing markets this year.
- U.S. Seeks Details on Top China Official Amid Bank-Hiring ProbeThe SEC is seeking information about a Chinese anticorruption official in connection with its probe of J.P. Morgan’s hiring of relatives of Chinese government officials.
- Business Lending by U.S. Banks on the RiseBanks are lending to businesses at such a rapid clip that those loans are on pace to overtake residential mortgages for the first time since the 1980s.
- Argentina Regains Allure to InvestorsHedge funds are piling into investments in a most unlikely locale: Argentina.
- Traders Pile In at CloseThe middle of the day has become awfully quiet on the U.S. stock market, as index funds and computer models push the action toward the end of the trading day.