Zecc Architects Utrecht managed to transform a 1931 water tower in Soest, The Netherlands, into a nine-level modern home.
When will the floodgates open? It feels like an eternity that the casino industry and makers of games like Zynga (s znga) Poker have been waiting for states to flip a legal switch that will let them turn virtual gaming into real gambling.
The legal logjam could finally break in coming months as some states prepare to turn on the taps for new forms of gambling based on social media.
Reflection Of Mineral
The site is located near the center of Tokyo. It is a small 44 m² corner plot bounded by two streets. Conforming to legal conditions and in response to the client’s wish for a ‘roofed garage’ the volume was trimmed from various directions. Using the words ‘Mineral’ and ‘reflection’ as guiding concepts, Atelier Tekuto proceeded to use subtraction as a positive tool for design.
- Chilean military tugboat rushing to Antarctica in bid to prevent ecological disaster after Chinese fishing ship catches fire
- 'River of oil': The tale of a ruptured Exxon pipeline that spilled thousands of barrels of crude in an Arkansas town
- Archeological dig beneath Bloomberg's future London headquarters reveals ancient Roman ruins dubbed 'Pompeii of the north'
- Watch the U.S. Navy use its ship mounted laser to blow aircraft out of the sky
- The Iron Lady You Don't Know: Thirteen Facts about Margaret Thatcher
- U.S. sends in $900M anti-missile radar array as North Korea vows to fire up nuclear reactor
- The Economist explains the decline in piracy: Armed guards, carried by more than 60 % of vessels, have been essential econ.st/15UAUZd 5 days ago
- Shipwrecked U.S Navy warship removed from reef huff.to/16bnaDK #Philippines #Asia #Ship 1 month ago
- Canadian warship seizes $100-million of heroin in 'massive' high seas bust natpo.st/16qdMy5 1 month ago
- From Hong Kong to Singapore by cargo ship. Mesmerizing bit.ly/YjqYmz #HongKong #Singapore #Asia 1 month ago
- Argentine Navy destroyer & Falklands Islands war veteran rolls over and sinks at the dock due to neglect. What a shame. wapo.st/YnUvN7 4 months ago
Photos by Maersk Line
- Pricey Beef Puts Heat On U.S. Grilling SeasonHere's the beef: Enjoy the Memorial Day grilling, because retail beef prices are widely expected to set new records in coming weeks.
- Bausch & Lomb Nears $9 Billion SaleBausch & Lomb, which is owned by private-equity firm Warburg Pincus, is nearing a deal to sell itself to generic-drug maker Valeant for about $9 billion.
- Fiat Chief Pulls Out the Deal WrenchSergio Marchionne is trying to pull off the deal of his lifetime, and there are lots of pieces to go around for bankers, lawyers and other cogs in the Wall Street deal machine.