- RT @IEA: An improvement in power supply in sub-Saharan Africa will require expanded cast of investors bit.ly/1Cy6Xsp http://t.co/PR… 2 days ago
- RT @IEA: Sub-Saharan energy investment increases considerably: ~$110 billion pa - New Policies Scenario bit.ly/1oQofjD http://t.co/… 4 days ago
- Boutique Bohemian: High-End Hostels Come to AmericaInvestors are pouring money into upscale youth hostels, betting the next big market in hospitality will be the scruffy, cost-conscious backpacking crowd.
- SocGen Deal for Bache Illustrates Commodity-Trading WoeSociété Générale is picking apart Bache—a commodities house and the last link to a historic Wall Street name—in another sign of how the trading of raw materials has fallen on hard times.
- U.S. Stocks Close LowerThe Dow Jones Industrial Average slumped the most in nearly a month Tuesday, as the latest batch of uneven economic data jolted the stock market out of its May lull.
- Dollar's Strength Fuels Buyouts AbroadAmerican companies looking to do deals abroad are finding a welcome tailwind: a strong U.S. dollar.
- Alleged Ringmaster in Libor Trial Described as Greedy, DishonestThe criminal trial of the alleged mastermind of a vast interest-rate-rigging scandal has begun in London, with prosecutors describing former bank trader Tom Hayes as dishonest and greedy.