- RT @IEA: Nuclear power key to Japan prosperity, security & low-carbon energy ― @IEABirol bit.ly/1NbYEfZ http://t.co/3ciytKWLoV 2 days ago
- RT @IEA: Onshore wind: good sites with attractive investment policies are winning bit.ly/1Uh5kxx #electricity #energy http://t.co/D… 3 days ago
- Public Pension Funds Roll Back Return TargetsThe cuts to their lowest levels since the 1980s portend greater hardships for employees and cash-strapped governments as Americans age.
- Blurry Job Picture Poses Test for FedU.S. employment growth slowed in August but the jobless rate fell to the lowest level since 2008, a mixed labor-market reading less than two weeks before a crucial Federal Reserve meeting.
- Judge Orders Credit Suisse to Pay Highland $287.5 Million Over LoanA judge said Credit Suisse must pay a unit of Highland Capital Management $287.5 million over a soured real-estate loan, a win for James Dondero’s hedge-fund firm in its multipronged fight against the Swiss bank over luxury developments.
- Chinese Companies Share Investors' PainChina’s listed companies joined in the market mania, buying up shares in one another. Now the holdings that padded earnings as prices boomed threaten to gut them as they plunge.
- No Emerging Markets in Your Portfolio? Look AgainSome foreign-stock mutual funds have 30% or 40% of assets in developing nations.