- RT @IEA: Main wind resource sites in China: improvements in connection & operation of plants (2013) bit.ly/1phzBqp http://t.co/ubTl… 2 days ago
- RT @IEA: Wind research funding in OECD mostly fluctuated between 1-2% of all #energy R&D funding bit.ly/1nOuhQA http://t.co/o2jOzDv… 2 days ago
- Despite Oil's Plummet, Some Smaller Drillers Faring WellGiant energy companies like Exxon and Chevron typically weather slumps in oil prices better than the average driller, but during this downturn some shale drillers are faring at least as well — or better.
- Mixed Signals on U.S. Oil OutputInvestors, traders and executives who rely on federal data from the Energy Information Administration are tripping over conflicting images of U.S. production that have emerged from separate EIA reports in recent months.
- Stock, Bond Investors Cheer Fed's StatementA measured Fed policy statement reaffirmed expectations that the central bank will move cautiously on interest rates, shoring up demand for stocks and government bonds.
- Banks Pitch Swaps as Alternative to Buying StockBanks are nudging certain hedge-fund clients to use derivatives instead of actual stocks when placing some bets, an effort aimed at lessening the impact of new capital rules on the banks’ businesses.
- Santander Boosted by Stronger LendingSantander reported a near 18% rise in second-quarter net profit lifted by higher fees and stronger lending.