- RT @IEA: An improvement in power supply in sub-Saharan Africa will require expanded cast of investors bit.ly/1Cy6Xsp http://t.co/PR… 4 days ago
- RT @IEA: Sub-Saharan energy investment increases considerably: ~$110 billion pa - New Policies Scenario bit.ly/1oQofjD http://t.co/… 6 days ago
- J.P. Morgan Aims to Cut 5,000 JobsJ.P. Morgan has begun layoffs that are expected to total more than 5,000 by next year, eliminating at least 2% of the bank’s workforce.
- Lehman's Fuld Says It Wasn't His FaultRichard Fuld Jr. insisted he doesn’t want to play “woulda, coulda, shoulda” about the collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings.
- Madoff Accountant Gets Light SentenceThe accountant in Bernard L. Madoff’s giant Ponzi scheme, David G. Friehling, received a relatively light sentence of home detention but no additional prison time Thursday because of his cooperation with prosecutors.
- NYSE Looks to Ease Late-Day PileupThe New York Stock Exchange is preparing a new plan to make it easier to buy or sell the shares of thousands of listed companies, an effort to counter the slow midday trading and uneven liquidity plaguing U.S. stock markets.
- China's Tech Firms Aim to Stay HomeChina’s stock market and more favorable domestic regulations are driving tech firms to plan to list shares in China instead of the U.S.