- RT @IEA: An improvement in power supply in sub-Saharan Africa will require expanded cast of investors bit.ly/1Cy6Xsp http://t.co/PR… 3 days ago
- RT @IEA: Sub-Saharan energy investment increases considerably: ~$110 billion pa - New Policies Scenario bit.ly/1oQofjD http://t.co/… 5 days ago
- U.S. Stocks Open HigherU.S. stocks rose early Wednesday, as major benchmarks recovered ground one day after their biggest losses in weeks.
- Profits at U.S. Banks Rise in 1st QuarterProfits at U.S. banks rose 6.9% in the first quarter, with smaller banks continuing to outpace their larger peers, according to an FDIC report.
- Big Firms Now Spend More on Buybacks Than FactoriesU.S. businesses, under pressure from activist investors, are plowing more cash into dividends and stock buybacks, fueling worries about long-term investment.
- Bank of England Official Received Emails Relating to Libor ManipulationA senior Bank of England official received emails that were part of an alleged campaign to rig benchmark interest rates, according to evidence presented in a London trial.
- Boutique Bohemian: High-End Hostels Come to AmericaInvestors are pouring money into upscale youth hostels, betting the next big market in hospitality will be the scruffy, cost-conscious backpacking crowd.