- RT @IEA: Nuclear power key to Japan prosperity, security & low-carbon energy ― @IEABirol bit.ly/1NbYEfZ http://t.co/3ciytKWLoV 31 minutes ago
- RT @IEA: Onshore wind: good sites with attractive investment policies are winning bit.ly/1Uh5kxx #electricity #energy http://t.co/D… 23 hours ago
- Global Markets Bounce BackStocks around the world extended gains as investors looked for signals of how central banks will contend with upheaval in financial markets.
- ECB Leaves Interest Rates UnchangedThe ECB left its interest rates unchanged at record lows as a sluggish eurozone economy and persistently weak inflation have raised hopes that it will eventually beef up its stimulus programs.
- Foreign Firms Feel China's ChillMarket turmoil and Beijing’s crackdown on brokers and investors is complicating the plans of foreign funds and investment banks that had bet on bigger business in China.
- Credit-Card Fraudsters Pump Gas Stations for ProfitAs motorists head out on the last big driving weekend of the summer, the credit-card industry and gas-station owners are deploying everything from sophisticated software to heavy-duty padlocks to combat an epidemic of fuel-related theft and fraud.
- Giant U.S. Pension Fund to Propose Shift Away From Stocks, BondsThe California State Teachers’ Retirement System, the nation’s second-largest pension fund, is considering a significant shift away from some stocks and bonds amid turbulent markets world-wide.