MOSCOW — Helmeted riot police round up hundreds of protesters, including some whose only apparent crime is wearing white ribbons of opposition. A teacher who spoke out about election rigging is dragged into court and fined. Now a new law signed by President Vladimir Putin on Friday raises fines for participating in unauthorized protests 150-fold, to nearly the average annual salary in Russia.
- Chilean military tugboat rushing to Antarctica in bid to prevent ecological disaster after Chinese fishing ship catches fire
- 'River of oil': The tale of a ruptured Exxon pipeline that spilled thousands of barrels of crude in an Arkansas town
- Archeological dig beneath Bloomberg's future London headquarters reveals ancient Roman ruins dubbed 'Pompeii of the north'
- Watch the U.S. Navy use its ship mounted laser to blow aircraft out of the sky
- The Iron Lady You Don't Know: Thirteen Facts about Margaret Thatcher
- U.S. sends in $900M anti-missile radar array as North Korea vows to fire up nuclear reactor
The highly graphical gospel of globalization. Shaped by the age of consumerism.
- Archeologists have made an amazing discovery off the coast of Mexico: A 19th century British shipwreck huff.to/16Syb2K #Ship #History 6 months ago
- World's biggest ship graveyard lies at site of WW2 battle where US crushed Japanese fleet dailym.ai/133WUuD #History 6 months ago
- RT @BBCNewsGraphics: See the faces of the Mary Rose's crew, including the ship's dog Hatch, 500 years after the Tudor warship sank. http://… 6 months ago
- The Economist explains the decline in piracy: Armed guards, carried by more than 60 % of vessels, have been essential econ.st/15UAUZd 6 months ago
- Shipwrecked U.S Navy warship removed from reef huff.to/16bnaDK #Philippines #Asia #Ship 8 months ago
- グッチ 2012 春夏 バッグ on The Income Equilibrium For Happiness: $75,000
- Bitcoin on The Essential Features Of A Great Landing Page [Infographic]
- svelme dr buy obagi skin care products on Test-driving the 'Wang-borghini': Chinese farmer creates own Lamborghini Reventon knock-off
- wealth dynamics on A Discussion Of Inequality [Clip]
- tranny cam on Wrapping The Best September In More Than 50 Years?
- 行銷 on The Gin & Tonic Diet
Photos by Maersk Line
- Sprint Preparing a Bid for T-Mobile USSprint is working toward a possible bid for rival T-Mobile US, people familiar with the matter said, setting the stage for a giant telecom merger that if permitted by regulators would leave the U.S. wireless market dominated by three big companies.
- A Journey Into World's Deepest Gold MineWelcome to what some call the world's greatest gold rush. A rare look inside the deepest gold mine on the planet.
- SAC Rethinks Relationships, NameSAC is considering big changes as it restructures, including scaling back relationships with some Wall Street banks and perhaps changing its name.
- Merrill Settles Over Crisis-Era Bond DealsBank of America's Merrill Lynch unit agreed to pay $131.8 million to settle SEC allegations over the role of hedge fund Magnetar in the creation of debt securities sold to investors before the financial crisis.
- Clash at Italy Bank Puts Rescue at RiskA clash between the management of Banca Monte dei Paschi and the bank's largest shareholder threatens to throw into chaos a plan to stave off its full nationalization.