11 Apr

Originally posted on Financial Post | Business:

MAYFLOWER, Arkansas — Warren Andrews had just finished putting up balloons for his stepdaughter’s 18th birthday party at their suburban home in Mayflower, Arkansas, when his wife came inside and said something was wrong.

After stepping out of his house, and taking one glance, he immediately dialed 911.

[np_storybar title=”Killing Keystone pipeline seen as risking more oil spills by rail” link=”http://business.financialpost.com/2013/04/09/killing-keystone-pipeline-seen-as-risking-more-oil-spills-by-rail/”]A rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline by President Barack Obama would push more of Canada’s US$73-billion oil exports onto trains, which register almost three times more spills than pipelines. Continue reading . . .
[/np_storybar]

“I don’t know what’s going on, but I’ve got a river of oil coming down the street at me,” Andrews told the operator.

Five minutes later, the slick of noxious black crude spewing from a ruptured Exxon Mobil pipeline was eight feet wide, six inches deep and growing fast.

Within half an hour, a…

View original 1,959 more words

6 Responses to “‘River of oil': The tale of a ruptured Exxon pipeline that spilled thousands of barrels of crude in an Arkansas town”

1. rmatonti2 April 15, 2013 at 02:04 #

Time to take over Exxon like Venezuela did!!!

2. isabel marant sneakers September 10, 2013 at 11:41 #

I don抰 waste my free time in watching video tutorials however I love to read content on net and get updated from latest technologies.

3. pokemon heart gold english rom December 4, 2013 at 05:46 #

site? I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because I’ve had
    issues with hackerss and I’m looking at options for another platform.
    I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good
    platform.

4. bumper Repair newport February 10, 2014 at 17:27 #

Wow, that’s what I was looking for, what a material! existing here at this webpage, thanks admin
    of this web site.

5. fifa live May 29, 2014 at 08:39 #

Great Hi! I know this is kind off off topic but I wwas wondering which bloog platform are you using for this

6. hungry shark mod September 27, 2014 at 01:09 #

Pretty! Ƭhis has been an extremely wonderful article.
    Мany thanks for supplying these details.