Pizza deliverance for a Japanese trawler stranded on Clifton beach in Cape Town.
Edible miniature fast food kit, which contains pork and chicken ingredients, but no artificial colours nor preservatives. According to the cook, it tastes like real hamburger, bread, cheese, ketchup, french fries and cola. The cost is 258 yen / 3.2 USD.
Timelapse fading back and forth between scenes of pre-and post-quake Tokyo. It reveals how Japan’s cosmopolitan nightscape has been altered by ongoing conservation efforts and power shortages.
Comfort deserves only a limited role in the home, according to artists-architects-poets Arakawa & Gins. A home that keeps its inhabitants healthy and young should provide enduring challenges. In their vision, an embedded relationship with your surroundings is key to reversing the downhill course of human life.
The Aliceara Memoria Jay Yamada ‘Kauai’ Orchid. As a part of the celebration of the 100th anniversary of Japan’s gift of the cherry blossom trees to Washington, D.C. various orchids are exhibited.
Cymbidium at U.S botanical garden.
Clown Show orchid.
Peter Black orchid.
These autos are going to be compressed and shipped to Japan, then return to the US as brand new Toyotas and Datsuns (Nissan). Taken in 1974.
The U.S. Coast Guard used cannon fire to sink the empty 50m / 164ft Japanese ship in the Gulf of Alaska’s 305m / 1,000ft deep waters. The ghost ship drifted across the Pacific Ocean after last year’s tsunami.
Data from economist Angus Maddison suggest that China and India were the biggest economies in the world for almost all of the past 2000 years. Why they fell so far behind may be more of a mystery than why they are currently flourishing.
Asia: Production & Trade
- 22.Nov: Thailand & Malaysia Q3 GDP data.
- 25.Nov: Philippines, Q3 GDP data.
- 25.Nov: Japan, October trade report. 26.Nov. Japan, Consumer Price Index.
Europe: Anglo-German Focus
- Bailout of Ireland Mon. 22. Nov?
- Germany: Q3 GDP and Ifo Business-Climate Index.
- 23.Nov. Earnings from Greece’s Alpha Bank and London based Antofagasta (copper miner) releases numbers.
US: Thanksgiving Week
- HP reports earnings and introduces the new CEO.
- Other economic data: Home Sales, Jobless Claims & Consumer Spending.
- Thanksgiving on Thursday 25.Nov.
Get the details via MarketWatch here.