Because really, who doesn't want a hedge fund manager who's both meditative and viciously competitive, and isn't that why everyone from Ray Dalio to Process Driven Trading's Peter Muller to Paul Tudor Jones is always touting their love for transcendental meditation or the new yoga studio they just opened in Greenwich. And to which end, we'd like to share the following advert with Cliff Asness, the AQR Capital founder who seems unaware of the awe-inducing (read: nauseating) activity known as competitive yoga.
Tag Archives: Health
The global population was 1 billion just over two centuries ago. But improved medicine and better agriculture resulted in higher life expectancy, dramatically increasing the world population.
- Chilean military tugboat rushing to Antarctica in bid to prevent ecological disaster after Chinese fishing ship catches fire
- 'River of oil': The tale of a ruptured Exxon pipeline that spilled thousands of barrels of crude in an Arkansas town
- Archeological dig beneath Bloomberg's future London headquarters reveals ancient Roman ruins dubbed 'Pompeii of the north'
- Watch the U.S. Navy use its ship mounted laser to blow aircraft out of the sky
- The Iron Lady You Don't Know: Thirteen Facts about Margaret Thatcher
- U.S. sends in $900M anti-missile radar array as North Korea vows to fire up nuclear reactor
The highly graphical gospel of globalization. Shaped by the age of consumerism.
- Archeologists have made an amazing discovery off the coast of Mexico: A 19th century British shipwreck huff.to/16Syb2K #Ship #History 6 months ago
- World's biggest ship graveyard lies at site of WW2 battle where US crushed Japanese fleet dailym.ai/133WUuD #History 6 months ago
- RT @BBCNewsGraphics: See the faces of the Mary Rose's crew, including the ship's dog Hatch, 500 years after the Tudor warship sank. http://… 6 months ago
- The Economist explains the decline in piracy: Armed guards, carried by more than 60 % of vessels, have been essential econ.st/15UAUZd 6 months ago
- Shipwrecked U.S Navy warship removed from reef huff.to/16bnaDK #Philippines #Asia #Ship 8 months ago
Photos by Maersk Line
- Madoff Victims Recount the Long Road BackFive years after Madoff's Ponzi scheme was unveiled, many of those who invested with him have endured divorce and despair but some have also shown remarkable resilience and profess to have gained new perspectives on life.
- Farmers Hoard Corn as Prices DropFaced with the lowest corn prices in more than three years, many U.S. farmers are stashing away their grain in a bet on a rebound.
- Hilton Moves Up IPO to WednesdayHilton Worldwide has accelerated the timetable for its potential $2.7 billion IPO, according to people familiar with the matter.