Cutswatch Map: The Guardian’s reporting team plots the effects of the government’s public cuts on local communities across the UK. Follow their project here.
Tag Archives: Public services
- RT @IEA: Ensuring energy security: at the centre of the @IEA mission since its inception. Learn more bit.ly/1JMJVr4 http://t.co/D9t… 1 day ago
- RT @IEA: 🔌 Save the date: Projected Costs of Generating Electricity book launch - Monday, 31 August bit.ly/1JTUmsZ 🔌 http://t.co/E… 2 days ago
- Oil Surges as Supply Estimates ShrinkOil prices soared Monday, marking their strongest three-day rally since Iraq’s 1990 invasion of Kuwait, on doubts the global glut of crude would be as long-lasting as many investors and traders had earlier believed.
- Stocks End August With Another LossStocks logged their worst monthly losses in years in August, driven by concerns over China and the timing of a U.S. interest rate rise.
- Argentina Creditors Can't Seize Assets of Central Bank, Court RulesArgentina’s creditors can’t seize the assets of its central bank, a U.S. court ruled, reversing an earlier ruling that would have opened the nation’s reserves to hedge funds looking to collect debt stemming from a 2001 default.
- Service Providers See Gold in Shares of StartupsBranding firm Red Antler is among vendors that are looking to profit on the soaring valuations of young startups by taking payment in stock instead of cash.
- Crackdown on Racial Bias Boosts Some Auto-Loan CostsA federal regulator’s campaign to fight bias against minorities is changing the way many car loans are priced, a move that is increasing costs for some consumers.